Monday, November 24

808's and Heartbreaks

In honor of Kanye West's fourth album releasing November 25th, 2008... here's a dopeass remix of his first single of the album. Check this shit out one time.

Kanye West - Love Lockdown RMX feat. LMFAO



After reviewing an advanced leak of this album, I know it's supposed to lean towards a more emotional aspect and explore his depths. I just don't feel like it matched up anywhere to his previous albums. The egotistical artist switches genres by singing over retro beats with no identity, direction, or focus.

He's giving off a unique sound, but T-Pain beat him to that about three years ago, in the same way that they both use a "tuner" in most songs. There are some catchy songs on this album in "Amazin", "Streetlights", and of course "Heartless", but as a whole collective, this is plainly shallow and mainstream.

The sense of style and 80's pop culture is appreciative and different but it seems too gimmicky. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Kanye but I'm pretty sure we all expected more.

*You might wonder why I'm hella expanding on this and why I sound hella proper, and it's cause I'm using this for my Presentation Media class.

No comments:

Post a Comment